Taking a trip down memory lane, James talks with Dan Wood from The Retro Hour podcast about all things Amiga.
We discuss what the Amiga was, go through the various models that were released, discuss why the Amiga ultimately failed and then look at ways to relive some great Amiga memories.
- The Retro Hour Podcast — Dan’s retro podcast
- Amiga - Wikipedia
- A history of the Amiga, part 9: The Video Toaster | Ars Technica — A great piece about The Video Toaster, an Amiga add-on that made video editing possible.
- Amiga 500 Plus - Wikipedia — Dan’s first Amiga
- Amiga 600 - Wikipedia — James’ first, and only, Amiga
- Vampire 2 Review - The Fastest Amiga Ever?! - YouTube — Dan looks at the Vampire 2 in an Amiga A600
- Amiga Forever - Amiga Software, Emulation, Games, History and Support Since 1986 — Amiga emulation and official ROMs
- How To Emulate Amiga on Raspberry Pi - Amibian Tutorial - YouTube — Dan shows how to setup Amiga emulation on a Raspberry Pi
- Amiga Magazine Rack - The ultimate Amiga magazines resource — Lots of great nostalgia about old Amiga magazines
- CU Amiga Magazine — One of the great Amiga magazines, still online
- Dan Wood (@danwood_uk) on Twitter
- Team17 Digital Limited — A classic Amiga game publisher, still going strong today.
- Lemmings (video game) - Wikipedia
- Amiga - Steg The Slug [Codemasters 1991] - YouTube — One of James’ favourite old Amiga games
- Amiga Longplay Putty - YouTube — Someone actually recorded themselves playing ‘Putty'