For someone who can’t (due to my eyesight) drive, I think it’s fair to say I’ve picked up fairly substantial interest in the future of electric vehicles, as they’re the foundation needed for fully self-driving cars that someone like me could own.
Alex kindly came back to the show, albeit in a different role, to discuss where we are in 2022 regarding electric cars. We take a look at who’s making vehicles right now, beyond the behemoth that is Tesla, as well as factors like charging accessibility, range concerns, affordability, and of course environmental impact.
I’ll admit this is very much a UK-centric episode; that’s simply because that’s the experience Alex and I have to share. That does, of course, mean that if anyone has experience with electric cars in other countries and regions we’d love to hear from you, so send a note over to [email protected], leave a comment on the post, or start a discussion in Goodpods.
If you liked this episode or any of our content, we’d greatly appreciate any little bit of support you can throw our way over at our Ko-Fi page.
Note from James (November 2022): This episode of Crossed Wires was the catalyst for Charging Status, so do make sure you check out those episodes where Alex and I talk more UK focussed EV news every month.
- The Interface: Website / Twitter
- Elon Musk says the Tesla Cybertruck will go on sale in 2023
- Polestar announces support for Apple CarPlay
- Ora Funky Cat EV will cost £30,495 in the UK when it launches later this year
- Maxus announces new T90EV, first electric pickup truck to go on sale in the UK
- New electric Vauxhall Astra-e to launch in 2023
- New Volkswagen ID. Buzz priced from £57,115 in the UK
- Gridserve opens its second ‘Electric Forecourt’ in Norwich
- Tesla to open up its Super Charger network to 3rd party EVs
- EDF Energy: Electric Cars and the Environment
- 00:00:05: Introductions
- 00:02:05: What About Tesla?
- 00:05:02: Combustion Sales Ban
- 00:06:38: Other EV First Makers
- 00:09:22: The Cost Of EVs
- 00:10:30: Offerings From The Traditional Car Makers
- 00:19:55: Range & Charging
- 00:27:14: Affordability & Used EVs
- 00:30:27: The Environmental Impact
- 00:36:02: Wrapping Up
Intro and outro theme: Ace of Clubs by RoccoW