Content Warning: This episode talks about the potential harm of social media in quite some detail, and whilst no details are discussed, we do make mention of people ending their lives as a result of social media. In future, we will endeavour to add such warnings to the front of any episode audio too.
The pandemic hit the theatre industry particularly hard, and my guest this week had a number of personal struggles to work through which made things more challenging for him. Andrew has been working in theatre for a long time, and is a huge Star Trek fan, so with plenty of time on his hands he discovered a talent using his iPad Pro and an Apple Pencilto recreate some of his favourite scenes from Star Trek and other shows that meant something to him.
We also talk about how technology helped the theatre industry recover from the pandemic, particularly in regards to remote auditions and virtual experiences.
However, the real depth of our chat focuses on the negative impact that social media can have on our own lives and our relationships with others. This is a really challenging discussion, and I can say I certainly took a lot of Andrew’s thoughts onboard for my own life and my own relationships.
If you liked this episode or any of our content, we’d greatly appreciate any little bit of support you can throw our way over at our Ko-Fi page.
- Andrew Keates
- Secret Cinema
- Focus Mode and Do Not Disturb for iOS
- Continuity Camera (Apple Support)
- Procreate (App Store)
- 00:00:04: Introductions
- 00:03:56: Equality of Opportunity
- 00:08:41: Theatre In The Pandemic
- 00:15:08: Kirk, Spock, and an iPad Pro
- 00:22:59: Emerging From Lockdown
- 00:32:35: Connectivity Challenges
- 00:37:31: The Dark Side of Social Media
- 00:46:49: Where Is Your Phone Right Now?
- 00:56:26: Genuine Relationships
- 01:01:55: Having Core Values
- 01:06:01: Continuity Camera Uses
- 01:09:59: iPad Art Tools
- 01:14:20: Wrapping Up
Intro and closing theme: Ace of Clubs by RoccoW