Keeping with our retro theme, I talk with YouTuber and RetroHour host, Dan Wood, about all things Amiga.
We take a look at the costs, and risks, of purchasing original Amiga hardware today, the upgrades you could put into these original machines, as well as things to watch out for. Then, moving swiftly on we talk a bit about emulation, the mess that is the Amiga copyright and of course piracy!
Before putting Dan on the spot for his favourite Amiga games and apps, what Amiga chat could be complete in 2022 without talking about The A500 Mini as a little teaser for Dan’s fantastic video.
I really hope you enjoy this episode, a huge thanks to Dan for his time and insights. Make sure you subscribe in your podcast app of choice, tell your friends. If you have fond Amiga memories we’d love to hear from you, so send a note over to [email protected], leave a comment on the post, or start a discussion in Goodpods.
If you liked this episode or any of our content, we’d greatly appreciate any little bit of support you can throw our way over at our Ko-Fi page.
- Dan Wood on YouTube
- The Retro Hour Podcast
- Amiga 500+ on Wikipedia
- Eben Upton – Show and Tell – Amiga 600 and the Raspberry Pi
- Dan’s video on the Pi400 with Amibian
- Amibian: Amiga Environment for the Raspberry Pi
- MiSTer Multisystem
- Amiga Forever by Colanto
- Dan’s full review of The A500 Mini
- 00:00:05: Introductions
- 00:06:31: Original Amiga Hardware
- 00:13:53: Modern Upgrades
- 00:28:50: The Pi, Amiga ROMs, And Commodore
- 00:34:34: The A500 Mini
- 00:45:11: Amiga Favourites
- 00:52:01: Closing Thoughts
Intro and outro theme: Ace of Clubs by RoccoW