Amanda Sloan is a friend I’ve known for years, actually longer than I’ve known James; I’ve known both for a long time. Amanda and I first met when I replied to her tweet about a hippy village floating on the water. I once met her and her partner Thom for coffee when they came through my state; I also worked with Amanda on the podcast network Dragon Powered Studios.
Amanda co-runs Geek Herring, is a writer, does workshops and more. She also streams on Twitch in her off-hours, but gosh knows how she has the time. She also works in freelance, which is one of the reasons we asked her to come and chat to us for this episode.
If you liked this episode or any of our content, we’d greatly appreciate any little bit of support you can throw our way over at our new Ko-Fi page.
- Amanda Sloan’s Website
- Amanda Sloan on Twitter
- Geek Herring
- Amanda Sloan on Twitch
- 5 Day VA Challenge
- 00:00:04: Introductions
- 00:06:10: Freelance Copywriting
- 00:10:37: Starting Out Freelancing
- 00:15:04: Freelancing Tools
- 00:22:30: How Can Tech Hurt Freelancers
- 00:28:04: Keeping Client Logins Safe
- 00:31:44: Doing Things Differently?
- 00:36:32: Recognising Your Limitations
- 00:39:04: Dealing With Awkward Clients
- 00:46:53: Advice For New Freelancers?
- 00:51:45: Wrapping Up
Intro and outro theme: Ace of Clubs by RoccoW