One of the things that frustrate me the most about my eyesight issues, along with a few other problems, is that I can’t tinker with hardware as much as I’d like to. So, when I discovered Action Retro on YouTube, I admit I became hooked on Sean’s videos of doing unthinkable things to old Macs and many other systems.
Sean and I discuss what inspired him to get started with his channel, some of his more exciting systems to work with, as well as a slightly random detour to talk about Mike Judge’s inspiration for Office Space. Sean also shares some valuable tips for those wanting to tinker with vintage systems.
If you liked this episode, or indeed any of our content, we’d greatly appreciate any little bit of support you can throw our way over at our new Ko-Fi page.
- Sean (Action Retro) on Twitter / YouTube
- Sean’s Floppy Raid (YouTube)
- Office Space (IMDB)
- 68kmla Forum
- Tinker Different
- Frogfind – DuckDuckGo frontend for vintage systems by Sean
- 68knews – Sean’s vintage frontend for Google News
- 00:00:04: Introductions
- 00:02:26: Floppy RAID
- 00:04:29: Pushing Vintage Tech To The Limits
- 00:11:22: Weirdest System?
- 00:14:50: A Thing For PowerPC
- 00:18:33: The Mike Judge Connection
- 00:20:25: Challenges
- 00:23:46: Most Time-Consuming Project?
- 00:28:47: Getting Old Systems Online
- 00:39:17: Wrapping Up
Intro and outro theme: Ace of Clubs by RoccoW