Recorded on 24th May 2019
Apologies for the delay in getting this episode out, both James and Oli have had rather full schedules.
We do our very best Thunderbirds voices to give you a FAB introduction to this episode, and relive some nostalgia of Gerry Anderson's wonderful supermarionation shows. We also talk about the slightly disturbing tale of a swallowed AirPod that still worked after it was 'retrieved', discuss Deep Fake AI, and of course look at the implications of the US Trade Ban on Huawei's ongoing operations.
- Thunderbirds (TV Series 1965–1966) - IMDb — The original Thunderbirds, strings and all!
- Thunderbirds (2004) - IMDb — The rather controversial live-action movie version, which James hates and Oli thinks is great! Featuring music by Busted.
- The Gerry Anderson Podcast - the FAB official weekly podcast from... — Jamie Anderson and Richard N James host a FABtastic show all about the world of Gerry Anderson.
- Accidentally swallowed AirPod still worked, even in a stomach - 9to5Mac
- Somersby Advert - The Apple Store - YouTube
- Playdate. A New Handheld Gaming System
- Playdate: Media Kit — Includes the AR files to view the Playdate on a compatible iOS device.
- MacBook Pro: Now With 8-Core Chips and a New Butterfly Keyboard Fix
- Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support
- Google suspends some business with Huawei after Trump blacklist - source - Reuters
- Huawei: ARM memo tells staff to stop working with China’s tech giant - BBC News
- UK and Japanese carriers press pause on Huawei phone launches - The Verge
- Mona Lisa 'brought to life' with deepfake AI - BBC News
- Few-Shot Adversarial Learning of Realistic Neural Talking Head Models - YouTube