Recorded on Sunday 28th October, 2018
James and Oli discover the real story behind the Chinese chips in all the servers, or at least discuss the claims made by Bloomberg about SuperMicro's server boards. We also look at: the impact the iPod has had on listening to music and listening to sermons online, how a new device may help parents with gaming addiction, and we delve into the code of ethics for the SQLite project that caused a little bit of a stir online.
Also, we have some great listener feedback from Paul and reveal the answers to our music quiz from the last episode. Of course, we want to hear from you about all the topics we discussed in this episode, and do send over any WiFi related questions you have for an upcoming Short Circuits.
- Forgotten that Chinese spy chip story? We haven't – it's still wrong, Super Micro tells SEC • The Register
- Tim Cook declares iCloud spy chip account '100 percent a lie' in privacy interview
- Apple's Tim Cook to call for 'comprehensive' US privacy bill
- Keynote address from Tim Cook, CEO, Apple Inc - YouTube — Tim Cook’s keynote address
- Rocky's Printer - Eye of the tiger on a dot matrix printer [HD] - YouTube — The first tune in our music quiz from Episode 028
- The Floppotron: Portal - Still Alive - YouTube — The second tune from our music quiz in Episode 028
- The Floppotron: What Is Love - YouTube — Our third and final tune from the music quiz from Episode 028
- Happy 17th Birthday to Apple's Original iPod - MacRumors
- Podcast - Wikipedia
- Overcast — Fantastic podcast app by Marco Arment, this is the app that James uses on both his iPhone and iPad.
- Pocket Casts — Oli’s preferred podcast app
- Father and son create app that lets parents shut down their child's video consoles remotely
- Take charge of your child's gaming time — QTIME
- SQLite creator crucified after code of conduct warns devs to love God, and not kill, commit adultery, steal, curse... • The Register
- Code Of Conduct — The SQLite Code of Conduct page that now links to the Code of Ethics that we discuss.