Recorded on Friday 27th April, 2018:
With Benjamin being unwell and unable to record this episode, Oli steps into the fray to record with James.
We talk about smartphone and social media addiction, Apple’s focus on pro-customers, their right to refuse service on a broken-by-Linux iMac Pro, the discontinuation of the AirPort line of wireless-routers. We also look at some disturbing trends in Android security and discuss the Church of England now accepting mobile payments.
- What the grayscale challenge taught us about phone addiction - Internet Citizen
- Kerb Drill with Batman — Amazing road safety video with Adam West from the 1960s
- Batman and Robin - Only Fools and Horses Christmas Special - BBC Comedy Greats - YouTube
- Only Fools & Horses - The Stolen Microwave — The scene with Del Boy that Oli talks about as the best ‘Only Fools & Horses’ scene.
- Daring Fireball: Regarding Linus Sebastian's Damaged iMac Pro Saga
- Why Apple REFUSED to Fix Linus' iMac Pro - YouTube — Rene Ritchie’s take on why Apple wouldn’t fix Linus’ iMac Pro
- Apple’s 2019 Mac Pro will be shaped by workflows | TechCrunch — The 2019 Mac Pro and the Pro Workflow Team
- Why Apple is Killing AirPort - YouTube — Rene Ritchie gives a great explanation about why Apple is killing off the AirPort line.
- Macworld NY 1999 - iBook & AirPort Introduction - YouTube
- Time Capsule (MacWorld 2008) - YouTube — Steve Jobs introduces the original Time Capsule.
- GrayKey iPhone unlocker poses serious security concerns - Malwarebytes Labs | Malwarebytes Labs
- Grayshift Customer Leaves iPhone Cracking Box Exposed, Data Breach Ensues - The Mac Observer
- How to Set an Alphanumeric Passcode on Your iPhone or iPad - The Mac Observer
- Florida Police Allegedly Crash Funeral Home to Unlock Phone With Slain Man's Fingerprints
- How Android Phones Hide Missed Security Updates From You | WIRED
- 1Password Accounts are NOT supported on Android prior to 5.0. That's a bummer! — 1Password Support — Great example of the issues with running old versions of Android.
- Now The Church of England takes Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Matthew 21:12-16 ESV — Jesus and the money lenders in the temple.
- Matthew 6:1-4 ESV - Giving to the needy — The verse that Oli and James talk about in connection with how we should give.
- The Lord’s Prayer — Matthew 6:9-13 - ESV
- Attention: Apple is Hiring Linux Kernel Developers - The Mac Observer